Tuesday, October 7, 2014

This Is Not Your Average Open House...



The debate on whether open houses are effective or net seems to never end.  Quite often I hear valid reasons why they are or are not worth the time.  Here is my perspective...I hold open houses for all of my properties, period.  I have been hired  by a seller to sell their home.  That means I will market the property in every way possible to bring a ready, willing, and able buyer through the door.  Marketing a property is like a puzzle, all the pieces and avenues come together to complete the sale.  

Many say that open house are a way for agents to pick up buyers or a chance for nosey neighbors to come through and snoop.  So what if an agent picks up a buyer at an open house?  The buyer willingly showed up to the open house and was obviously impressed by the agent.  In NY, we are technically supposed to ask the sellers permission to work with the buyer since they came to the open house, did you know that?  Meeting a buyer at an open house doesn't necessarily mean they are going to work with you, YOU have to be able to convert them.  

As for nosey neighbors, I don't mind if they come through because you never know who they know looking to move into the neighborhood.  I sold a home to a neighbor's mother who had been looking in the neighborhood for the right property to come on the market, it was mine.  
I try to be as creative with my open houses and never, ever, hire clowns or give away TV's.  I don't want the focus to be taken away from the home, that is why we are all here.  If they have to be enticed by fluff and carnies, they aren't real buyers.  That's just me, others may have success with it but I stick to marketing and great sign placement.

As agents we should travel down every avenue of marketing because WE never know when or how we will meet that ONE buyer for a property, all we need is one.  

Christopher Pagli - www.WestchesterCountyRealEstateMarket.com
Accredited Buyer Representative
Real Estate Associate Broker
William Raveis Legends Realty Group

914.406.9023
Chris@LegendsRealtyGroup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment